Monday 11 April 2016

1028. Every songbird says - Sam Beam and Jesca Hoop



I'm a tiny heart that's falling fast
Like a humming bird, like an hourglass
I'm on a boat, at the turning way
For the distant horn, of a promise ring

This bed is old, but the dream is new
You can borrow mine, if you break a few
I'm a mountain side, I can wash away
I'm a pool of tears, on a wedding day

Oooh we're both baby bottles full of love
Oooh empty fingers of a glove
Oooh we know when it's enough
Oooh enough, oooh enough,
Oooh it's enough, oooh to be walking with you

I get lost, I get lost a lot and you meet me there
I can close my eyes and find you anywhere
I can hold you close while you wonder free
But the long walk home says you're good for me
You're good for me

I can take a lot, I'll give you more
We're a tiny heart, but the blood is warm
I'm a thunder cloud, I'm cutting through
Every songbird says I'm in love with you
I'm in love with you, I'm in love with you, I'm in love with you

Oooh we're both deaf and banging on a drum
Snow when you're sleeping in the sun.
Oooh we know when it's enough
Oooh enough, oooh enough, oooh enough,
Oooh sun sinking down and its work is never done
Oooh your heart is never won
Oooh we know when it's enough
Oooh enough, oooh enough, oooh enough, oooh enough, oooh enough, oooh enough, oooh enough, oooh it's enough,
Oooh to be walking with you
And get lost