Wednesday 7 December 2011

527. Say yes - Elliott Smith


I'm in love with the world through the eyes of a girl
Who's still around the morning after
We broke up a month ago, and I grew up - but didn't know
I'd be around the morning after

It's always been wait and see
A happy day and then you pay
and feel like shit the morning after
But now I feel changed around and instead of falling down
I'm standing up the morning after
Situations get fucked up and turned around sooner or later
I could be another fool or an exception to the rule
You tell me the morning after

Crooked spin can't come to rest
I damaged bad at best
She'll decide what she wants
I'll probably be the last to know
No-one says until it shows and you see how it is
They want you or they don't
Say yes

I'm in love with the world through the eyes of a girl
Who's still around the morning after